Grand Haven Christian School relies on the faithful and generous financial support of parents, family, and friends of the school to reduce the cost of tuition, assist families with financial needs, fund special projects, and to meet long-term building improvements and other needs. If you are interested in supporting our mission with your financial gifts, GHCS offers the following giving opportunities.
You may give financially at any time by mailing gifts directly to the school or giving online (see the sidebar to the left).
Donors may also direct their giving to specific causes. Dedicated fund accounts are kept for the following needs:
- Tuition Assistance: Allocated to minimize tuition costs for all GHCS families.
- Special Tuition Assistance: Used at the discretion of the administrator and finance team to assist families who have particular difficulties or changes in their financial condition during the school year.
- Technology: Used to update computers, software, and other technology in the computer lab and to purchase new devices to support classroom activities.
- Capital Improvements: Used for debt reduction, major building improvements and repairs, and other long-term needs not met in the annual general fund budget.
Funds may also be directed to many other causes including individual student tuition accounts. (Please note that gifts directed to specific tuition accounts are not considered tax deductible.) Contact the financial secretary for more information.
Giving to the GHCS Endowment
GHCS has its own endowment fund managed by an independent board of directors in a separate 501c3 organization. It is dedicated to the betterment of Grand Haven Christian School in perpetuity, and gives a portion of its earnings to the school each year for the purpose of lowering tuition for all families. Gifts to the endowment should be directed to the school for proper processing and tax receipts.
Fund Raising Events
Supporters are invited to participate in school-wide fundraisers throughout the year including:
- Walk by Faith (Fall): Support a student as they walk to raise funds for GHCS.
- GHCS Auction (Spring): Donate or bid on hundreds of items/services.
- Sailors’ Challenge (Spring): Sponsor or participate in this annual 5K run/walk.
- Golf Scramble (Summer): Sponsor or participate in this event held at a local golf course.
Proceeds from all of these events help to meet the annual general fund needs of the school.
Grand Haven Christian School invites local businesses to be sponsors of all/some of our annual events and student programs. Supporting businesses are recognized in various ways throughout the year depending on their level of support (i.e. in yearbook, on race t-shirts, at golf event, and on website). Please contact the GHCS Advancement Department if your business is interested in partnering with us to further the mission of Christian education.
Capital Partners is an independent 501c3 organization that uses the financial returns from the group’s investments to support Grand Haven Christian School. Annual membership dues of $500 are used as capital for the investments and are considered tax deductible for IRS purposes. New members are welcome at any time. Questions may be directed to the GHCS Advancement Department.
GHCS partners with the Barnabas Foundation to offer our supporters Planned Giving and Estate Planning services at no cost. Their professional staff provides confidential consultation and planned giving expertise.