At GHC, students participate in a variety of learning activities that meet their academic, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs. Our learning environment consists of small group lessons, large group gatherings, many hands-on activities, and traditional teacher-to-class instruction. We cover the core areas including Math, Science, Language Arts, Social Studies, Bible, and also offer:
Specials: Spanish (PK-8); Art (PK-8); Music (PK-8); PE (PK-8); Band (5-8); Choir (6-8); Library (PK-8)
- Spanish Immersion program, beginning in preschool and kindergarten and continuing through 8th grade. Our Spanish Immersion students are able to maintain and develop their Spanish language skills at our partner school, Western Michigan Christian High School, in grades 9-12.
- Teaching for Transformation in all grades PK-8th.
- Educational Support Services Academic support for qualifying students.
- Extra-curricular opportunities such as after-school soccer, basketball, and theatre.
- We have a K-12 Director of Curriculum who oversees and develops our curriculum. We are on a five-year cycle of reviewing each of the curricular areas.
- We pride ourselves in academic excellence while teaching and applying a Christian perspective inside and outside of the classroom. Standardized testing (ACT and SAT scores and other State and National standards) are used as we develop a Christ-centered and academically challenging curriculum.
- Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) Testing: Standardized test scores support the fact that GHC offers a high-quality academic experience, as our students consistently score well above the national average.
- Family groups are composed of fifth-grade leaders and various students from grades K-5, which meet monthly. Students form bonds extending beyond their individual classrooms, as well as build multi-age student relationships and develop leadership skills. Serving local children, eating lunch with the principal, and going on a scavenger hunt are a few of the fun activities family groups enjoy together during the year.